Coin Slot: How to Prepare for the Procedure
In the days leading up before having the procedure, eating well and being well rested is important. Any person attending an appointment that is visibly unwell will be refused service.
- No caffeine or blood thinning medications should be consumed within 2 days prior (ideally 7 days prior) and 6 days after to prevent extra bleeding or prolonged healing, unless medications are prescribed by a doctor and we have been made aware.
- For best healing results, smoking should be completely refrained from for two weeks prior and two weeks after the procedure. Smoking can induce extra scar tissue development and other health complications.
- If you sleep on the side of the piercing, a travel pillow will be needed to prevent lying on the ears. Picking up a travel pillow from Kmart or Coles should be done prior. Sleeping on the earlobes can rupture the sutures and deform the results.
- If you are on any medications that may affect healing, we must be made aware of this prior.
- If you have any known allergies, we must be made aware of this prior to treatment.
- All physical exercise should be kept to a minimum for at least 1-2 weeks after sutures are removed. If this is not done or not possible, the end result may be compromised and extra scar tissue may develop.
- It is important to stay as healthy as possible and rest up well. Eat lots of good foods and drink plenty of water for at least the first two weeks.
- Avoid any unnecessary drugs consumption and all alcohol for 4 weeks after the procedure to prevent damage to the wound site.
- The scar may take 6-12 months to settle.